Saturday, January 1, 2011

Photography in the Mountains: Part 3


Well this was a good day! I won't know for sure if I have anything worth printing until I get back to my computer but I'm feeling good about today's run.

This place looks like it use to be a really nice motel with sone great surrounding scenery. Unfortunately it also looks like it's been closed for some time. I love the classic look of the architecture and layout. And though it looks worn down and neglected since it's closing, you can almost picture families walking the grounds, visiting the pool, new guests checking in at the front desk. I love the soul yup find in places like this. I love the stories they tell.


I ran into another photographer here. His name was Terry...another film shooter. He was shooting a stereo viewmaster; it had 2 lenses side-by-side which I think enable a sort of 3D depth of field. The film (positive film) is then processed at a lab like ordinary positive film, but then he cuts and mounts it himself to one of those round viewmaster slides. Then you can put the slide in a view master viewer just like back in the day. You youngins will have to Google Viewmaster if you don't know what the hell I'm talking about. Anyway he was a really nice guy. A kindred spirit; he loved shooting old locations like these. I was glad to meet him.



And I'm always happy to find other old school shooters with film gear in their hands. For myself I had my canon 5D but also sent about 2 rolls of 120 through my Hasselblad. Can't wait to get those developed!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: